• Excellence in Real Estate

Compare Listings


Flooding is not covered by a standard homeowner’s insurance policy.

Ask your insurance professional, real estate agent, or chosen Mortgage Company about the flood history in your area.  Should there be potential for flooding, you should consider purchasing a policy that covers the structure and your personal belongings.

Flood insurance can be purchased from an insurance agent or company under contract with the Federal Insurance Administration (FIA), part of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Flood insurance is only available where the local government has adopted adequate flood plain management regulations under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).

Written by Staff.