The Belleview Hotel had its grand opening in 1890s and was once the showpiece of this entire peninsula, now deemed Pinellas County.
Prior to the incorporation of Pinellas County, Hennery Plant, a rail road magnate, constructed The Belleview Hotel on a high bluff south of Clearwater. The large luxury resort featured amenities such as horseback riding, bicycling, tennis, golf, and water sports.
The Hotel’s seasonal good life naturally led some to purchase, build, and live year round.
The town of Belleair Bluffs was incorporated in 1925 and grandiose homes were built along the shoreline, near the hotel, and on the grounds of the elaborate golf course in an area we now refer to as Belleair Bluffs.